ID:2197730

My progress of a tree I made back in 2013 maybe, and never redid until 3 days ago.

Any suggestions on highlights?

holyshitthesecolors
It looks really good, I'd perhaps change the colour of the outline to the upper-half to a darker green; just more aesthetically pleasing in my opinion.

Other than that, I like it.
Really good work. I think new artists always seem to draw very flat icons but the your latest version has depth.

One thing I'd like to say is that all those leaves should really be casting a shadow on the trunk.
I feel like the first one is more of a cartoony looking tree (which looks great), but the second one I feel the depth of the coloring and the shadows (on the leaves).

Tho as Zecronious said all those leaves should of made a shadow on the trunk.

Keep up the good work!
Trash as usual.
Improved quite a bit it seems :O
Increase the contrast. Love the density! Great improvement.
In response to Southend_boi
Southend_boi wrote:
Trash as usual.

that's all she wrote
In response to Gold94
Gold94 wrote:
Southend_boi wrote:
Trash as usual.

that's all she wrote

Haha. Charles your dad or some?
In response to Soundz
Soundz wrote:
Gold94 wrote:
Southend_boi wrote:
Trash as usual.

that's all she wrote

Haha. Charles your dad or some?

No I just died a little at this comment <3
In response to Soundz
but all in all the tree looks good but something about the darker shade of green is unappealing
Yeah Gold94.For me, I feel like it should be more saturated. Tried to do an example of what I was thinking.

In response to Zecronious
Zecronious wrote:
Yeah Gold94.For me, I feel like it should be more saturated. Tried to do an example of what I was thinking.

That seems ever so slightly too bright but I was thinking more along the lines of there's foliage the whole way through the tree and then just block color at the bottom like he got lazy is what I meant
In response to Gold94
Oh interesting. Yeah that's true.
Yeah, I planned to do foliage at the bottom and then I was like, eh. This was a working image to show my progress and I don't ever release completed images, so my bad there.
In response to Soundz
Soundz wrote:
Yeah, I planned to do foliage at the bottom and then I was like, eh. This was a working image to show my progress and I don't ever release completed images, so my bad there.

Oh fair enough, well that and the trunk could potentially use with being a bit darker? it hardly seems like a tree trunk in color to me
Color swap and that first tree would be much better.
omg. UPD4T3 is still alive. :,D
My only criticism for both trees is that the black outline is a little harsh to look at. Maybe change that to a dark green so it blends a little better, unless that's a specific part of the art style you're going for.
In response to Kumorii
I also lurk on the Feed Discord. <3