ID:2200071

This week really flew by, but not without seeing another major milestone. There was a new release on Monday (the one I wanted to get out the Friday before, but didn't for time concerns), which turned out pretty well except for one regression, and today there's yet another release: 511.1368.

The big news in the new release is that support for multiple gamepads has been added, up to four of them. As you know there are macros for gamepad handling like GamepadLeft, GamepadFace1, GamepadRightAnalog, GamepadRaw, etc. Now there are also Gamepad2, Gamepad3, and Gamepad4 versions of those macros. It's a simple enough setup that should be easy to use.

Currently there is no way to say you want to prioritize one pad over another to ensure it's always gamepad 1 (if both are in at the same time), and also the engine does not yet react to plugging in a new pad at runtime, so that's still on my to-do list. But hey, four pads!

I'm still looking at items for the 512 list, figuring out what's going to make the cut and what won't. We're getting down to that point where pretty soon 511 will be marked as the new stable build and 512 will begin. I haven't figured out filters yet. I want them but I can't think of a good format for handling them. But dang it, being able to blur and do alpha masks on demand would be awesome.

It's the middle of January, and social pressure demands I take down my Christmas tree. But screw social pressure! While the Christmas spirit lingers here, don't forget to rummage through the pocket change from your post-holiday shopping sprees and use it to become a BYOND Member. (That's right, I can twist anything into a connection to BYOND Membership.) This is a time of year for staying home and doing lots of gaming, and game authoring.

Keep the games coming, and have a great weekend, everyone!
Great job as always Lummox!!!
Excited for the 511 stable release!
Hoping for a fix for the hang up! :)
Nice work.
Holy guacamole! I was going to star dev on a couch co op project in anticipation for this release but it happened so freaking fast!

Thank you so freaking much for tackling this feature head on Lummox, you're the best.