ID:2200273

Just need some help and advice on creating a combat system. What are some things I should consider when it comes to pixel collision and bounds? I'd like hand to hand combat to be as accurate as possible. How would I determine bounds for mobs and projectiles. What are some things I should avoid?
This isn't really a question for developer help. Tell me how you'd pick the best answer? It's an opinion question and should really be in Design Philosophy.
In response to Zecronious
I need HELP from a DEVELOPER on a combat system. But thanks for your input?
So you trying to refine your hand to hand comebat?
In response to Mav472
Mav472 wrote:
I need HELP from a DEVELOPER on a combat system. But thanks for your input?

What do you have so far code wise? If you have absolutely nothing done, this would belong more appropriately in Design Philosophy like Zecronious mentioned. If you have code but you are stuck or having trouble progressing to your desired results, post what code you have so people can dissect and develop upon.

Developer Help
Have a how-to question or code to debug? Ask here!

Design Philosophy
Banter about the techniques and components of world design.

At the current moment, you're leaning more towards Design and not Develop.
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
Okay I see. Maybe i'll make a post in design instead. This is what I have so far.
mob/player/proc/TerraPunch()
var/hitbox/H=new/hitbox/Terra(src,loc)
for(var/hurtbox/M in obounds(H,0)-hurtbox)Damage(M.owner)
In response to Mav472
Am I seeing this right? Pixel accurate punching?

Image of player successfully hitting an enemy with tera punch. Angle calculated by drawing a line from center of player to clicked location and shortening by maximum terra punch distance.
I'm not sure how well I can set up a hitbox for northwest, northeast, southwest and southeast. Also is it possible to set up circular hit bound.