ID:2200431

(See the best response by Rushnut.)
Problem description:
I have been off and on when it comes to coding. I have never really learned how to use pixel movement. I need help creating a beam that leaves a trail when it moves. The problem is the old way I was doing it, leaving trail pieces every step, is not gonna work. It is not gonna work because every beam moves at different step sizes, which causes the beam segments to appear unattached. I need some help or ideas of how I can do this. I appreciate any idea or support.
PS. the segments must have collision
There is a head obj
and trail objects
Why don't you make them move at the same step size then?

change the step_size var for the head and the trail to be the same.
In response to Kidpaddle45
Depending on what step size I use it will leave spaces, in between. I tried creating the trails pieces every time it leaves the tile it was created it, and they still leaves spaces.
In response to I NPC I
I noticed that if I use an odd number that's where I get problems. For example 15 and 13 I get gaps in-between the head and the trail.
Best response
I would not recommend creating a large number of atoms to accomplish this.

Rather, as you said, have two atoms. A tail and a head. Have the head use pixel movement to go from A to B, and as it moves, perform a transform() on the tail to adjust the length of it.

I'm assuming it's alright if people cross the tail, if not then you'll also need to adjust the hitbox accordingly, and that's could get complicated quickly.
What is it for a dragon ball game?
In response to Rushnut
Thanks I will try that!