ID:2201552

BYOND Version:510
Operating System:Linux
Web Browser:Chrome 55.0.2883.87
Applies to:Webclient

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I've been working on something strictly using Linux and the Webclient and I've found a rather frustrating bug.

So far I've been loading PNGs as tilesets (which BYOND will slice into tiles because my map format is TILED_ICON_MAP). Using a color as a transparent mask, I have BYOND load the PNG, use icon.SwapColor() to turn the color transparent, and then store it into memory.

The issue is that the webclient starts to tell me that things are being rendered incorrectly. This screencap may be relevant:

The modified image will not render for me in the webclient and shows some bizarre effects in DreamSeeker. I can see things properly if I reboot the client on either DS or Webclient, but if I try a different image, it happens again. This may be a cache issue.

I've tried to check what may be the issue such as making sure that the PNG that is being saved is 32-bit format and not 24-bit, but it happens either way. This issue does not happen if I'm using SwapColor on the icon but it does happen if I attempt to load an image with transparent pixels. If the PNG has all colored pixels and no transparency, then there is no issue whatsoever.

The issue also happens if I'm using single-quotes to cache the PNGs beforehand so that is not the problem.

edit: Setting the PNGs to a power of 2 does not remedy this problem.
Is the version in fact a 510 build? Since I moved this to Beta Bugs (because the webclient is still a beta feature) I want to be sure that's correct.

If you have a demo project I can take a look.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5qp56uhs81arvt1/PNGTest.zip?dl=0

Test case compiled and run with 510.1347.

Instructions:
1. Host in DreamDaemon
2. Connect with Webclient (http://www.byond.com/play/127.0.0.1:xxxxx)
3. Execute commands PNGTest and PNGTest2 (DreamDaemon will prompt you if you'd like to load the PNG tiles unless in Trusted mode)

PNGTest will not render the modified icon unless user reconnects to the webclient. PNGTest2 shows no errors.