ID:2202852

(See the best response by Kaiochao.)
I wanted everything in my game to look pixelated, so I changed icon_size to 16 (my icons are all 32x32) and that did the trick. My icons doubled their size (then I could see each pixel - so it looked pixelated)

Though that also caused a lot of bugs, because the tile icons where 100% bigger than the actual tiles and everything got weird (how the game recognizes distance, Enter, etc)

how can I make my icons 100% bigger without having to manually double them (its too many) and without actually changing icon_size? Can I add an Alt option in the interface that does that?
Best response
world.icon_size specifies how many pixels to have between tiles. If this doesn't match the size of your turf icon, then your turfs will obviously overlap.

Instead, simply set the map element's zoom parameter to 2. There are multiple ways to do this:

1. The best way is to have a skin file (.dmf), which gives you full control over the initial parameters. In the map element's options, there is an "icon size" field (unfortunately it's not a "zoom" field), so if your world.icon_size is 32, then set it to 64.

2. Another way is to tell the client to set its map zoom to 2 when the client connects:
client/New()
. = ..()
winset(src, ":map", "zoom=2") // ":map" uses the default map element.
It worked very well. Thank you!