ID:2204381

I posted about this already but it didn't get any interest.

Most BYOND games will open a background process instead of a game on loading. The pre-game ad will sometimes show now, but when that window closes a dreamseeker.exe program becomes visible in task manager under background processes. It's worth noting that SOME servers will work. I think it has something to do with the graphics processing? Not for any reason just that's the only thing I don't know how to troubleshoot very well.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-PV1TQJ6
System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model N56JN
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU ASUS-NotebookSKU
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2494 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. N56JN.203, 5/12/2014
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.14393.206"
User Name DESKTOP-PV1TQJ6\ellio
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.89 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.51 GB
Total Virtual Memory 9.14 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.14 GB
Page File Space 1.25 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes
Please navigate to "C:\Users\[your_windows_name]\Documents\BYOND" and delete the "Skins" folder, make sure you have BYOND closed when you do this.

You might also want to try removing the "cfg" directory, which will require you to log back in and redo all of your settings (you can make a backup of both of these directories if you wish)
It didn't seem to make any difference. However, I noticed that the BYOND ad is always the same. (Women's antiperspirant woohoo! If it's not candy it's soap, what is BYOND trying to tell me?) I've tried reinstalling BYOND and deleting the document's file before though, so I wasn't that hopeful. Keep up the advice!
If only certain servers have this issue and it's possibly graphics-related, try installing the DirectX SDK (June 2010) from Microsoft. That solves issues for some people.
2010 bro....