ID:2206727

(See the best response by Nadrew.)
Descriptive Problem Summary:
So when I try to play sounds and music in my game i noticed it wasn't working, but i also noticed its not just my game but any other game and even demos tht i have downloaded and soud worked just fine previously. So Im not really sure what the problem could be
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

This is obviously a BYOND Help issue, not a bug. I've moved the thread.

First thing, I would check to make sure sound is turned on in Dream Seeker. If it is, check your various sound output levels; do this with a game open that produces a lot of sound effects, preferably in a loop so you can be sure there's something playing at all times.
I'm not sure how to check that, but in the Dream Seeker options and messages Download Sound and Music is checked. And Still no music from any games or anything
Sound is still not working.
You have to check your sound settings for the system. If you look at your volume control there should be some way to get to advanced options and also to look at how the various sound devices are setup. One of those is likely not set properly, and that's what's causing you not to hear any sound.
I only have one sound device at the moment, and its my default and its working fine with everything else but BYOND.
Best response
Have you right-clicked the volume icon on your system tray, opened the sound mixer (with a game running that has sound) and made sure it's not muted?
Thank you! THat was actually the problem, but funny enough i checked that yesterday and it was on lol.
It'll differ between games occasionally and only becomes apparent when the program is actually outputting a sound.
Oh ok I see, thank you. You're greatly appreciated!