ID:2206929

Im using wine on a late macbook pro 2011 (last one before the retinas) to play BYOND games whilst i'm travelling.

Initially, everything was working fine, although I had to go back an old partition, with a slightly older OS to actually use the wrapper, I could connect to games, logic, chat was readable, graphics looked fine, and games ran as smoothly as you'd expect on an old machine using wine.

All of a sudden the game I was playing froze, and from there the BYOND client stopped working. I force quitted out, and tryed to log back in, but after a few seconds (The circle in the search areas would spin and then suddenly stop) the client would freeze.

After a few more attempts, I could not even get past the loading game information splash screen.

I created a new partition with the same OS (El Capitan if it matters) to run the BYOND wrapper in an environment where nothing could get in the way, but I still couldn't get past the loading game information screen.

I managed to get past the loading game information screen by putting the BYOND file which is made during the first launch into the BYOND wrapper itself.

Now I can get into the client. However, if I log into anything other than the Guest profile I get the issue of the BYOND client freezing after a few seconds (I can usually tell beacuse the search circle stops spinning and nothing works in the client).

I wouldn't be here if i'd tried most other things that had been mentioned on other threads, such as clearing the cache, updating BYOND to the BETA version (as well as reverting back to the stable version), renaming the local db file, and I currently don't have any antivirus or firewall on fresh partition.

It might be worth mentioning that on the other El Capitan partition (the initial one I was running the BYOND wrapper on) I do have avast, and you are able to access the files of other partitions if you give the permission to do say. But that being said I did try to disable the avast firewalls and shields before I tried to download and install BYOND on a fresh partition, but it didn't work.

I get that this is a little weirder than usual, but I would appreciate the help, and i'm sure others would too.

The wrapper I used can be found if you type in "Mac BYOND wrapper", with the maker doing the post on a reddit forum, as well as the BYOND forums (I think).

Other than that the specs are:
4 GB ram
quad core I7 2.2Ghz
AMD 6750 1GB graphics card (If I remember correctly).

Thanks
So it turns out that if I find the game I want to play in guest mode, and then quickly log into my main account and then quickly press join, I can still play games regardless of the client freezing. This still creates problems when I need to relaunch however, as I have to close down the entire client and try to do the login trick again.

Hope this helps
I'm also having this issue, however youre little work around doesnt seem to be working for me unfortunately. I'm also running on linux right now.