ID:2208159

As usual, Phil the Betrayer has screwed us over, and I say it's high time we rioted. #NotMyGroundhog

There's a new release out today. Version 511.1371 fixes a couple of important issues including a regression that happened with Options & Messages. The DualShock controller finally can be mapped properly (I haven't added it to the default joysticks.txt yet, though). And also the webclient got its first build with a new Dart version, so that it too supports multiple gamepads now.

Pending a couple of issues that are still outstanding (a slowdown in one project with controllers + keyboard movement, parallel animation issues that I'm waiting on a test case for), I think we're really close now to bringing 511 home and getting started on 512. Hooray! I'm really looking forward to getting moving on a bunch of new features. You've seen the List in previous posts, so I don't plan to reiterate it here, but there are some neat things in the pipeline. More if I can figure out how to handle filters in an intelligent way.

Not much else to report this week; a lot of the development was behind-the-scenes stuff unrelated to the issues in the release notes, and of course I had to get the webclient development environment up and running--which it mostly is, except I can't seem to get code analysis working. Odd.

Thanks again to everyone who donated and became Members last month. I love you guys.

Now it's time to engage in our great national pastime--those of us in the US anyway, and the rest of you can smile and nod and maybe envy us for having a better sport--and hate on the New England Patriots this Sunday. I'm in the unusual position this year of having no party to go to, which means I'm hosting for one. (My wife won't watch, even for the commercials. To be fair, the last few years she hasn't been missing much.) Get your game food ready, and remember the four basic food groups: meat, cheese, chips, and MORE MEAT. During the halftime show, remember to switch over to something less depressing but make sure one of your friends keeps it up on their phone so you know when to switch back. (Bonus points if you play old Celebrity Deathmatch clips during the interim, with a bigger bonus if you play ones that were aired opposite a previous halftime show; and if you don't remember that show, ask your parents and get off my lawn.)
yay! go lummox go!

#LongLiveLummox
handeggers OUT!
DId yall know that Moonshine and Weed is good for your health you will live longer
oh wow, celebrity deathmatch. used to watch that on MTV. Miles Lane was such a great announcer.

maybe one day, my nostalgia request for a 3.5 pager skin will become a reality (Wink, wink) It was such a compact and minimalist design that had a pleasing color scheme and was much more user friendly and less overwhelming than the current pager
Celebrity Deathmatch got a revival like, half a decade ago. It was awful.

Almost as awful as the old pager. Downgrade your BYOND if you want to use that trash.
In response to Unwanted4Murder
Unwanted4Murder wrote:
Celebrity Deathmatch got a revival like, half a decade ago. It was awful.

Almost as awful as the old pager. Downgrade your BYOND if you want to use that trash.

BYOND pager wasnt even that bad. it looked more simplistic and professional compared to the new "shady" pager that we have now. a lot of people have expressed that it looks like it would give them a virus or something.

anyway, can't downgrade. it wont let me log in due to being out of date.

The current pager does not render well on XP SP3

In response to Ss4gogeta0
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:

Well, your IE version on XP SP3 is probably older than dirt, and IE always sucked. The pager is basically rendered HTML/JavaScript/CSS content.
In response to Hiead
Hiead wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:

Well, your IE version on XP SP3 is probably older than dirt, and IE always sucked. The pager is basically rendered HTML/JavaScript/CSS content.
thus is why I liked the older pager
why are you still on windows xp? LOL
In response to GalionKnight
GalionKnight wrote:
why are you still on windows xp? LOL

because I have 3 computers, one XP, one Vista, one 8.1

they each have different purposes. and I use XP for older games and such
o i actually like that idea