ID:2209199

Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
This is a complaint about the hub formula that sorts games and a request for a fix/improvement.

http://www.byond.com/games/WritingANewOne/ EterniaBattlegrounds

So after a day of being live with an average of 15-20 players, and a good few dozen hub favourites, we're still nowhere to be seen in the listings--buried by inactive hubs that haven't been hosted in years. In fact, even the frontpage has games that can't be played. By nowhere to be seen, I mean that we're not even on page 10. Maybe page 15 or 20. I'd have to dive deep to find it.

And while we intend to give the game enough TLC to hopefully release it on Steam, it's also nice to have a community build in the meantime for our testing, a lot of which requires sizable group participation. That's one thing that I think is an asset on BYOND even if Tom disagreed somewhat: you don't have to worry about beta testers or initial players... You're given something to build off of. For Severed World, our most productive testers didn't come from the social media, but within the site itself and I'd say that's because there's that warm sense of community and loyalty here.

And I've seen how disheartening it is for developers when they don't get many players, mostly in YutPut's case, even if their game is far more polished than most. We want to enable new games rather than burying them away.

Please take a closer look at the hub listing formula. Maybe even ask the moderators to do some spring cleaning and set inactive hubs to invisible, too.
Also, I haven't entirely made my mind up about the formula yet since the game has only been live for a day or so. This is mostly my test case, but I experienced something similar with SW where the hub had a good number of favourites and reasonable enough activity considering the amount of website exposure, yet it wasn't nowhere to be seen.