ID:2209817

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Basically what I am requesting is an actual second map.

I'm aware of the "Second Hud" functionality but it's not quite what I'm looking for since it's limited to HUD objects only, the idea I had is that you would be able to have multiple maps in your interface. One would be a normal map with normal functionality, another would either be fixed or movable through some other means (like an alternate control scheme)

This could have a pretty wide range of applications. I'm not sure how feasible it is or what sort of limitations there are on this but I can think of a ton of uses for it.

It's not very feasible for the short term, since it would require basically encapsulating things that are currently done on a one-per-connection basis. However I don't want to close this topic as Not Feasible either, because it's sort of been a long-term dream.
What would be *really* great is to be able to specify a second map that gets rendered in the same window as the first map but in a specific plane

Basically, map B gets all rendered, then it's put in a plane, a plane master might get applied to it, and then the map A gets rendered with that plane in there.