ID:2210659

Hello Readers! Congratulations to the Patriots on their unexpected comeback in last Sunday's Superbowl Football game, breaking all kinds of records and foregone conclusions along the way. As is often said, past performance is not a guarantee of future performance, and that certainly held true on Sunday. Lets see if that saying holds true on these up and coming games!

It's also the month of February, which has historically been the month for developers to share their BYOND vision of 2017, which is an opportunity to share their BYOND-related reflections on 2016, and their insights and goals in 250 words or less, with select ones being featured in the next edition of Within BYOND. Check out last year's submissions and email your Vision to [email protected] by February 20th for approval!

Magicmann has kicked off a weekly contest for the month of February encouraging developers to write tutorials and resources, earning a ticket that, if drawn, would net the author cool rewards such as two months of free hosting service and BYOND membership time.

BYOND

Lummox JR has started the new year in the new year, first migrating From XP to Windows 10, and now using emojis and hashtags in posts. In the BYOND Development department, Dual Shock controllers now work properly, enlarged font sizes from world.status are ignored, stack crash data endures, pretzel brain math has been untwisted, and needless network transmissions have been culled. All of which (and more) can be found in today's beta version release.

BYOND Games

Eternia: Battlegrounds had its first public test this past week. Writing A New One fills us in on the details of how the PVP game differs from its RP equivalent. Consumable items are in, Aether Shards require collection, RPG elements have replaced RP elements, guilds, quests, and capturable cities have been implemented, and armor sets provide stat boosts. Next on Nadrew's to-do list is instanced dungeons, more PVP features, and less complicated quest configurations.

Version 1.74d of Sigrogana Legend 2 is live and headlined by the many revamps made to the Monk and its subclasses. New skills and changes made to old ones are scattered throughout the dozens of bullet points, along with equipment changes, bugs fixes, stat adjustments, and other improvements. Check out Devourer Of Souls' huge changelog for complete details!

The FeedTeam also features an update log with dozens of bullets, and not just in the GIFs! The key features introduced to Feed this week is the addition of diagonal shooting and support for a game controller (perhaps I should look into getting a controller for PC?), all packaged into a new stand-alone installer! Other big ticket items found in the Devlog include the addition of new legendary weapons, Points are earned from achievements and may be spent on upgrades, and a new animated character creation screen.

This mention comes a bit less timely than normally expected, but Godsring has pushed an update to Dungeon Masters, an open world RTS game with RPG elements. Combat has seen some large changes, along with level progression. Some in-game items have new visual representations, starting resources have been modified, and changes to interface elements have been made, with improvements for the build menu on slate.

Zasif has continued to update My Adventure Online, a dungeon crawling RPG currently in development. The latest updates include two classes of characters and more NPCs to interact with, more floors to explore with more enemies to defeat, item drops that are intended for the upcoming crafting update, and an invitation to check out the game, with a renewed challenge to defeat the first boss!

Epoch by Ryzal Games has received a speed boost! Movement speed and rolling speeds have been increased by around 50% in the game's latest update. Gamepad support is more on par as well, although multiplayer mode is still busted. Additionally, Nother has been marked down to $9.99 on Steam!

BYOND Resources

Half of these games are simply not good enough to be mentioned.

I suppose they are better than that chess game *with no ai* you mentioned a few posts ago....

Opt-out button when?
Higoten you know I am a two person life
I went ahead and sent my vision (and reflections of course). In fact, you already know one of my visions and my second vision actually just came about very recently.
In response to Supernoodles12
Supernoodles12 wrote:

mak gam before talk shit prz
In response to Unwanted4Murder
Unwanted4Murder wrote:
Supernoodles12 wrote:

mak gam before talk shit prz

oh... ok then, I guess me not using a terrible platform to create games is a good reason to feature terrible games.

Im sure the guy that got his chess game featured put alot of effort into it, Not too sure about a chess game WITHOUT AN AI though.
Don't blame the platform for your lack of creativity, noodles. BYOND is perfectly viable for making all sorts of simple games. Anyone who just defaults to saying the engine is garbage doesn't know enough about it, tried to be too ambitious with it, or is just a kid who's bandwagoning on the hate-train.

For what it does, BYOND is great.
If you don't like the engine why are you even here? Feel free to leave. You're not even a member; I promise no one will miss you. Feel free to fuck off anytime. Toodle-oo.

And I played that chess game. Just because it's not your cup of tea doesn't mean it was bad; that game has some of the cleanest interface design I've seen on BYOND. Maybe the guy just wanted to play chess with people. There's nothing wrong with that -- the whole purpose of BYOND is that people can build their own net dream, not a net dream that makes you happy.
SPEAK FOR YOURSELF, UNWANTED.

I, for one, would be deeply saddened by the departure of our very own Aspernoodle69. His "opt out" meme has become one of the most prominent memes in our sites history.
His "opt out" meme has become one of the most prominent memes in our sites history.

In response to Supernoodles12
Supernoodles12 wrote:
Im sure the guy that got his chess game featured put alot of effort into it, Not too sure about a chess game WITHOUT AN AI though.

You've never tried to write a competitive chess AI, have you?
Thanks for the mention. Dungeon Master will be having another update March 6th as well.
Hello everyone, due to an unexpected road trip, Within BYOND #61 will be delayed until tomorrow evening. Thanks!
blorpblop
You and your road trips! Within BYOND is always the best part of my day! :p