ID:2211145

BYOND Version:"511.1373"
Operating System:"windows 7"
Web Browser:
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Shadowlight213 wrote:
MrStonedOne, I'm getting an issue where the admin interfaces and stuff wont load, and will just be a white screen sometimes.
Retrying will usually fix it, but it's super annoying

Is one example, but i've gotten reports from users and other admins.
I'll need a lot more info on this: screenshots and the like.
Ok, further testing has shown that it only occurs the first time that it's opened, and the delay seems to occur for about 15 to 30 seconds. I'll try and get a screenshot of it.
It doesn't seem to occur every time either.
Ok it's gotten more common for me now.
Basically getting this every time I open an html window for the first time after the server boots. Sometimes it can even happen twice.
This doesn't seem to have anything to do with the time since world start either, as I've had it occur 30 minutes in.

Shadowlight, I suspect you may have antivirus and/or firewall software interfering here.
I tried modifying my av and firewall settings to exempt byond and dreamseeker. Not getting any change
Problem continues to intensify.
Sometimes it shows a little loading icon by my cursor, sometimes not.
Just earlier today, I had a window open fine, closed it and tried to reopen it and had the white screen appear.
Users on Goonstation have experienced this problem as well. However, in addition, it spawns lots of dreamseeker.exe processes forever that eat up memory on your computer and eventually crash unless you force-close the game dreamseeker process.