ID:2214765

BYOND Version:510
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 51.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Dreammaker saved a map file with duplicate models matched to different keys. This happened in more than one map file.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
I don't know.

Expected Results:
Dreammaker should be saving unique models, the order of atoms might change, but when it doesn't it should be one unique model.

Actual Results:
"aWI" = (/obj/structure/shuttle/engine/propulsion/burst{dir = 8},/turf/closed/wall/mineral/titanium,/area/shuttle/pod_3)
"aZR" = (/obj/structure/shuttle/engine/propulsion/burst{dir = 8},/turf/closed/wall/mineral/titanium,/area/shuttle/pod_3)

When does the problem occur:
I can't discern a pattern, it does not occur every time. It is the first time I see it happen though.

This is TGstation codebase of SS13.

A contributor reported not being able to use our map merger script due to a crash. I asked him for all of his map files so I could debug what was going on, and after a bit of printing to console I discovered the map file that was crashing the script contained duplicate tile models. I am under the impression this should not be happening.

A map file can contain similar tile models, such as containing the same atoms but in a different order, these are fine and expected. However I never saw the exact same tile model occuring twice in a map file with different keys. Both keys are even mapped out in the map portion of the file. How can this happen? Is this intended behavior of DM?

This happened in more than one map file the contributor edited, but not all of them.

Note that the map files containing these dupes are written by DM and not in any way altered by any other program.