ID:2216248

Descriptive Problem Summary:
When I try to join a game, the window freezes after the ad and can only be closed through the task manager. I tried looking up similar issues but they're all severely outdated, seems like I'm the only one having this issue lately. I know for a fact this is not caused by an antivirus and I stumbled across a solution that requires you to remove one of the windows updates, but I don't have the update anywhere in the list of updates that I can remove.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Step 1: Try to join a game/server from the hub.
Step 2: Fail :c

Expected Results:
Starting a game!

Actual Results:
The window freezing/hanging.

Does the problem occur:
Every time, every game.
I don't have a way to test this on other computers.

When does the problem NOT occur?
I haven't been able to find any way around it.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions?
It seems to continue regardless of the version I'm using. I tried version 508 and the only difference is that the dream seeker immediately becomes a background process. I see my username appear in the list of people online, but I have no way to view the window to see if I'm actually on the game or not. I'm assuming it's just a false positive and the game froze like always.
The Windows update thing is no longer relevant; there was an update to the Windows 10 Flash player that caused some problems at one point, is all.

Did this only start happening recently, and if so when? What other changes happened on your computer around that time?
When I first got this laptop Byond worked just fine. At some point my internet connection wasn't working and I wound up restoring my computer to an earlier point in time. That's the only major change I can think of, but I wasn't actively playing on Byond around that time so I'm not entirely sure if Byond was working before I restored my computer. All I know is that it has worked on this laptop in the past.

The restore did not remove my files. It wasn't a refresh or a factory reset.
Try installing the DirectX runtimes.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/ details.aspx?id=8109

If the problem has to do with your display, this may well fix it.
erm
i got the same problem too
will this work and how will it fix my problem?
I can't answer whether it will work or not. I think it can work.
Sorry for the late reply. No luck on my end, but it may work for other people.

I already have the latest version of DirectX but I installed the 2010 one that you linked as well. Should I only have one or the other?
Yea, Got the same Thing

Crashes in DU randomly(usually when attacked)

Happening on all servers and game i play That use dream seeker
What does the Windows event viewer show about the crash?
The program dreamseeker.exe version 5.0.511.1374 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 310c
Start Time: 01d2947864d8bbff
Termination Time: 15
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND\bin\dreamseeker.exe
Report Id: eec795e3-006b-11e7-968f-f0d5bf460c98
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

That i what i found

That's a hang, not a crash.
oh my bad