ID:2217057

Not Feasible
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
We need BYOND Group Chat because I want to talk to everybody in one chat. Sometimes I dont feel like switching chats over and over if im talking to the same 2 people. BYOND Group Chat would be for people that want to play mmos and chat.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not Feasible)
In response to Writing A New One
Writing A New One wrote:
https://discord.gg/tnVRYJK

Discord is the most cancerous platform for chats, why does everybody insist on using it.
In response to MrStonedOne
Because that's where everyone is already.
In response to MrStonedOne
MrStonedOne wrote:
Discord is the most cancerous platform for chats, why does everybody insist on using it.

i don't mean to derail but how is it cancer? It's probably the best new chat client that's come out in years. I love how it's designed like a mashup between traditional messengers and IRC chats.

I really don't know why anyone would dislike Discord.
In response to Kumorii

He went insane after I told him that bot accounts have more restrictions than regular accounts.
The only reason I got into programming was because of a irc bot I wrote when I was 12.

In a discord world I would have never gotten into programming because nobody is going to opt-in to some 12 year old's bot, especially when it has to be the server owner to do it.

well discord is awful for more reasons than just that

so
See as much as I'm open to alternatives, we're gonna need an alternative first.

IRC is God damn crap and you know it. Discord isn't attracting people because of marketing only.

Discord made our coding community tons better no doubt. It's comfy, easy to use, but still very powerful.
IRC is still superior to Discord and always will be. Let's not get carried away here.
IRC looks like a relic of the past, and that drives away a *lot* of people.
The types of people it drives away are the types of cancer nobody wants in their community.

If something looking old is a turn off to somebody maybe that person should realize that the only thing old and outdated is their perspective on life.
Get with the times, Oldie McOldbutt.

MSO is that one person in the last slide.
lol
irc is perfect at filtering out non technical people
In response to Optimumtact
Optimumtact wrote:

Can confirm this.

I'm non-technical and don't even know what IRC stands for, let alone why people prefer it over Discord.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Optimumtact wrote:

Can confirm this.

I'm non-technical and don't even know what IRC stands for, let alone why people prefer it over Discord.

IRC is a standard rather than a product, so there are many different IRC clients often with many configuration options; logs are stored on your own computer; it can scale to absurd sizes (for example, when a twitch chat has thousands of active users).

More importantly, IRC has been around for a long time, so most heavy users are part of at least one well-established community. Ultimately whether IRC or discord is better comes down to the question "which one are your friends using?"
Page: 1 2