ID:2217915

Descriptive Problem Summary:
if i hold left to move my character after clicking the chat log to get out of the text entry field, it scrolls back through the chat log and if it hits the top i get a constant windows "ping"
error noise letting me know, same with the other 3 directions, especially if i hold "down"

Expected Results:
only character in the game moving with a directional key press

Actual Results:
a text cursor appears in the chat feed and scrolls left, and then up the feed, hitting the top if im going that
far left then making an overly annoying noise
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every single time

On other computers?
Unknown

When does the problem NOT occur?
if i just started playing the game and havent clicked anywhere yet, or typed in the chatbox

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
somewhere between 508 and 510
Workarounds:
older version of byond.
Dragon Universe now gets this bug too. Very annoying. Have to constantly click off the chat box onto the map to make it stop. Ever since some recent BYOND updates.
In response to Tens of DU
I'll need you to narrow down the update where this happened. Also the next build (511.1377) will be further changing macro behavior which should clear up another issue, so you may want to retest with that too.
still occurs on version 511.1377

it also occurs on these types of tabs http://prntscr.com/ejqk2r

p.s. where can i find older byond versions?
You can find other builds here:

http://www.byond.com/download/build/511

I suggest downloading the zip for an older build and unzipping to a temporary folder, and naming that accordingly like byond511.1374 or whatnot. If the problem still happens, go back further; if it doesn't, try a newer version until you can narrow down where it started.

It is very important that I find out which version this all started in.
I also can't stress enough that I need test cases for this. I haven't been able to reproduce this behavior and I consider this issue very important.
I cannot reproduce it any longer in BYOND version 511.1381 .