ID:2219540

I need to take a large object screen object, and have it stretch to fill the game window regardless of the client's current view (because they can change it) or scaling mode.

southwest to northeast didn't quite work how it wanted it to work.

anybody know of any tricks to get byond to do this for me automagically or would I have to fuck around with transforms and individual screen objects for each client.
I'd imagine SOUTHWEST to NORTHEAST didn't work because it creates multiple objects to cover the screen?

If you want one object to stretch across the screen when the screen varies in size you'd definitely have to use a single screen object for each client, transformed to cover it, like you assumed.

My lighting example actually does this for the darkness plane, it's really just a single square block scaled to client.view*2 (just to be safe).
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
I'd imagine SOUTHWEST to NORTHEAST didn't work because it creates multiple objects to cover the screen?

I thought this was changed in an update, upgrading it to use only a single object with transform() done on it?

So did I, I was hoping it was as simple as applying some flag to it
Nope.

Stretching stuff in the HUD only got added in 500 and BYOND only became internally aware of the viewport size in 509 or so.

Since then, exceedingly little of the hud foo has been touched except to fix behavior.