ID:2220070

BYOND Version:511.1374
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic
Web Browser:Chrome 56.0.2924.87
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
If you are moving while using animate() on the client.pixel_y or pixel_x variables, turfs and objects on the screen will disappear.

Here is an example: https://gyazo.com/c1451fd31c862e353d97c7c85fb01c2b

In the example above, the client's pixel_y is displaced by 100 when the .gif begins, and while the player starts moving it is animated back to 0. If you look at the top of the screen you will notice objects and turfs disappearing.

Workarounds:
None, yet.
Just to confirm, is the version number correct? Does this appear in 510? It makes sense that it would, but if so I'll move it to the regular Bug Reports forum.

I suspect the issue here is entirely client-side, involving the calculations that are done to see if a turf is visible to the player. It might be difficult to puzzle out, although a solid test case would be a big help.
No sorry, the version number I am currently using is 511.1374. I tried creating a test case but apparently it may need a large amount of objects on the map for it to work.
I don't think it's about a large number of objects; I think it's about the amount of swing involved and the size of the icons.
I will try to replicate it but most of, if not all of the icons that you see disappearing on the .gif(like the floor and bridge tiles) aren't much bigger than 32x32.
After being away for awhile downloading the beta has indeed killed the client's eye pixel locations as it seems to move and then revert back to the center of the mob.

The code below is what I use for paradoxus for the sights for the weapons and to set the direction the mob's pointing towards when the player moves/attacks.

The size of the icons being 8x8

proc
FaceDirection(D=2)
if(client && facedir!=D)
facedir = D
var V = 8
if("Scout" in perks)
V = 16
if(weapon == primary)
switch(attachment)
if("Red Dot Sight") {V += 4}
if("ACOG") {V += 8}
if("x4 Scope") {V += 12}
switch(D)
if(1){animate(client, pixel_x = 0, pixel_y = V, time = 2.5)}
if(2){animate(client, pixel_x = 0, pixel_y = -V, time = 2.5)}
if(4){animate(client, pixel_x = V, pixel_y = 0, time = 2.5)}
if(8){animate(client, pixel_x = -V, pixel_y = 0, time = 2.5)}
In response to Kozuma3
I'll need a test case.
I sent you a test case.

The client's eye animates in mob.dm using the proc FaceDirection at the very bottom.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
I sent you a test case.

The client's eye animates in mob.dm using the proc FaceDirection at the very bottom.

You didn't send me a test case; you sent me a full game that requires multiple players to run, and no instructions as to how to trigger the proc responsible even if I could get to the point where I could use it. I can't use this code.

I need a test case: something I can actually load up and immediately start testing to see the problem in action, with an easy way to trigger said problem.
Select a side then type in w1 while in the lobby to start a match, my bad.

The proc triggers by moving as you'll notice it'll animate pretty unsmooth and revert pixel_x & y to 0 instead of keeping it at the set values in animate corresponding with the direction moved.