ID:2221050

Resolved
Animating multiple client values such as pixel_x and pixel_y at the same time did not work as expected.
BYOND Version:511.1376
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 56.0.2924.87
Applies to:Dream Daemon

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary: When subtracting or adding numeric values to the pixel_x and pixel_y of a client, it does not change again after animating it.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
client/proc/shake_screen(c)
pixel_x -= c
pixel_y -= c
animate(src,pixel_x=pixel_x+c,pixel_y=pixel_y+c,time=6,easing=BOUNCE_EASING)

Enter this code, and run it.

Expected Results: The expected result is to have a screen shaking effect, where the pixel_x/y offsets appear to move the screen back and for by "c".

Actual Results: It will change the pixel_y and pixel_y by "c", but it will not change back via the animate() proc, using this example.

Does the problem occur: Every time.

When does the problem NOT occur? It doesn't.

Workarounds: This snippet works when one of the vars are changed. Example:
 client/proc/shake_screen(c)
pixel_x -= c
// pixel_y -= c
animate(src,pixel_x=pixel_x+c,time=6,easing=BOUNCE_EASING) //pixel_y=pixel_y+c

I'll take a look and see what I find.
I observed this in 511.1376, but for reasons strictly related to newer builds. I have a hard time believing this is a 510 bug, or if it is that it hasn't been fixed already in 510.

It actually doesn't make sense at all that this would be a 510 bug. Are you sure this isn't a beta bug and you simply reported the version number incorrectly? And if so, please edit your bug report to include the correct version number.
I'm just gonna move this and fix the version number on the assumption you posted incorrectly. There was an actual bug so it belongs in the release notes, but it definitely was not a 510 issue. Please be sure to post correct information in future bug reports.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Animating multiple client values such as pixel_x and pixel_y at the same time did not work as expected.