Event Mar 15, 2:20 pm
to Mar 31, 8:59 pm
ID:2225043
 
pretty much every month I will purchase 1 membership (length of membership depends on how much pocket change I have at the time) for a user who actively posts in the SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT topic; ur creation must be something original. do not reach out to me to flaunt ur game. i'll pick from that topic. aight.
I knew you had a heart somewhere lol
wtf i've bought like 4 memberships this year
at least 2 for active development
Wtf that's great
If this picks up steam at all, I also will contribute a free One Year membership (valued at $24.00) without notification to any non-member who contributes to the SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT topic with real progress
I got me 5 years worth of SSX's lovin. ;)
does no one want free memberships
it's the same few people posting
DEVELOPMENT GUYS PLS
My game is borderline anime rip-off. No free membership for me.

Might also bring more incentive if the money could go towards the winner's game's development. Or just their own pocket.
In response to Meme01
Meme01 wrote:
My game is borderline anime rip-off. No free membership for me.

Might also bring more incentive if the money could go towards the winner's game's development. Or just their own pocket.

wtf
You ain't understand?

I mean, the give away might be better served if you switched to giving out a prize money to help the person's game development. Or just gave them pocket money.
In response to Meme01
Meme01 wrote:
You ain't understand?

I mean, the give away might be better served if you switched to giving out a prize money to help the person's game development. Or just gave them pocket money.

why would i pay someone for a game that might never get published. what stops them from taking the money and running. how does that help BYOND.
Dunno. Just saying, it might give more incentive, lol. Since no one seems to really be biting on the current prize.

But t'is fine, doesn't matter to me one way or another.
In response to Meme01
Literally the only rule is that you post about your game. Nobody wants to support your game if you're not talking about it.

And besides, the idea is to support BYOND and the developers -- not line your pockets.
Well one idea was to put the money directly towards the development. Say if someone needed to get a sprite made and what have you.

But like I said, it doesn't matter lol.

Was just giving input on what could potentially draw more attention to the contest, since clearly no one is biting. He can keep at it, won't really make much of a difference.
Meme01 wrote:
since clearly no one is biting.

Huh? Looks like a fair few people post in that thread relatively frequently.

I know personally that receiving a year's membership really lit a fire in my bonnet: I've worked on my latest project every day the last couple weeks, despite having a newborn daughter and overtime at work.

In response to Ease
Ease wrote:
Meme01 wrote:
since clearly no one is biting.

Huh? Looks like a fair few people post in that thread relatively frequently.

I know personally that receiving a year's membership really lit a fire in my bonnet: I've worked on my latest project every day the last couple weeks, despite having a newborn daughter and overtime at work.

Sucker, he bought me 5 years. ;)
You should probably make something at some point then ;)
In response to Ease
Ease wrote:
You should probably make something at some point then ;)

Hey, I make lots of things! I just post them in the Discord, where all the cool kids hang out :p