The River Country

by Cited
The River Country
A Mature Roleplay set during the end of the Sengoku Jidai
ID:2227008

Hey!

I hope you’re all well.

It’s been some time since I last wrote one of these small introductions to the world of The River Country, which must have, within reason, created doubt about the construction of the game. So, to clear that air, The River Country is playable but for the moment it lacks certain elements to be ‘launch-able’, although I do hope to launch the roleplay world very soon.

So, with a launch date upcoming, I have decided to rebrand the face of the game so the world itself can appear more appropriate. With a focus on lighter, bluer colours and a logo, designed by Yuki Uchisan, that exudes the more fantastical elements of The River Country, our new face acts as an introduction to the intentions of our community driven world. Visit our FORUM to preview our recent facelift.

Kaga's Central Administrative Centre, lore to follow

In any case, The River Country is looking to launch soon and whilst all desired systems would not be in place I am, nonetheless, excited for the roleplay that will ensue. For now, I will leave a little preview of the administrative centres in both Kaga and Mima-Saka. As you will notice the architecture of each is different, effectively showing the difference between the more rural entities of The River Country and the more advanced.

Mima-Saka Central Administrative Centre, lore to follow

To note: the central idea of these administrative centres is for players to establish their governments and transform those derelict buildings into central operations.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.
No character sprite to show?

I noticed a lot of buildings from SSO, but you remarkable made the art style fit together perfectly. Impressed.

EDIT:

I see the sprites.

In any case, awesome map. I love it.
Hey Meme01,

The River Country, Shinobi Story Online and Hidden Wind Clan all make/made use of various art from older Naruto Gameboy Advance games. Some modifications have been made to the art, such as both administrative buildings, but generally speaking the art is a clash of those games. What I did was deviate from a more minimal map and filled the area with nature with the hope that may create a more natural world.

Thanks, I hope you check it out when we launch.
I'll definitely be checking it out. It seems interesting.

You and I seem to have some of the same ideals when it comes to typical byond RPs [namely the 'full' rp that just lazily make it text-based]! Nevertheless, always nice to see someone try to break the mold.

I'll be watchin'.
In response to Cited
You should really fix that map. I know you spent months on it, but it's a really bad way to design using objects instead of turfs.

Other than that, good luck with the launch.
In response to Avidanimefan
Absolutely, I actually need to message you about that now that I am back.