ID:2228060

The days are getting longer again, and the vernal equinox is behind us. It's still cold anyway.

Today we have a new release, 511.1378, that fixes a number of small bugs and hopefully once and for all finishes off the problems we've been having with macro behavior. There was also an apparent memory leak that turned out to actually be just a problem with measuring the memory--no leak after all, at least not there--and some trouble with animation of client pixel offsets that's been sorted out.

While I was waiting to make progress on some software issues this week I kept spinning up on web stuff, and as a result I think the new file manager is just about finished. It's not up yet, but it's all in place and ready to go whenever. A lot of the reason I focused on that first was because it was a good way to get back into site foo, and also it's something that will matter to BYOND Members.

The new file manager is much improved. Instead of multiple columns of checkboxes to remember, there's just one column and you can use those to do bulk actions. It's a lot quicker to rename, delete, or show/hide a single file. Moving files can be done by dragging them into a subdirectory or to the parent directory. Creating new directories is quicker too. But what I like best is that the upload functionality is way better, allowing proper drag and drop. I hope to eventually spread that concept to other areas of the site, like hub screenshots, medals, etc.

Now that the leprechauns have gone back to bed, it's time to steady ourselves for the great onslaught of chocolate bunnies. If you catch them they don't give you gold; they give you diabetes. But whether you caught a leprechaun last weekend or merely found change in the couch, don't forget to become a BYOND Member and avail yourself of the beautiful new file manager (once it's up). And thanks again to everyone who's become a Member or donated; your support means a lot.
Ree login api when.
Keep it up lummox!
The new File Manager looks great! :D
In response to Woo
Thanks. I need to get on some other stuff that's been requested, so that will be coming soonish, but the file manager was somewhat low-hanging fruit. I also prettified the URL.
It looks pretty good, what if the dropdown at the top-right had a file manager button to quickly access it?

One thing that I thought about is for the display of projects on the left or right of the forums to showcase and/or advertise projects, could even make it a member's only feature.