ID:2228508

(See the best response by Nadrew.)
I open BYOND, no problem, look for a game I feel like playing and I hit the 'join' button. This does absolutely nothing except make my mouse have the little loading ring beside it for about a second. The Replay button does this too.

After those didn't work, I decided to turn my computer on and off, and then open BYOND, but the same problem happens. Then I realized that my BYOND needed an update and thought that that would fix it, so I hit 'update', the entire update process went as planned, but when I tried to play games, the same thing happened! Help!

As a side note, I was trying to open multiple games at a time because I was rushing, one of which was from a direct link off of my browser, which might be the case because BYOND might be confused as to which to play. I'm also using Windows 10.

Best response
Check your task manager, do you see any instances of DreamSeeker.exe?
I've found that this issue can sometimes be fixed if you clear your cache, and cfg file.
Nadrew, I did!

Meme, What do you mean by 'cache'? I can't seem to find that in the file location of Byond.

When you say "clear", Do you mean delete the files in CFG, or something else?
if you cant find the cache, that's fine. For this, you'll need to log out of byond tho completely. Once fdone, just delete all the contents of the file.

That used to happen to me on my old computer.

Note, you'll have to re-download your recent games, and potentially re-add your key information.
Oop-- Nadrew, you were right. I had to go deeper into the Task Manager and into the Background Processes to see that I had around 100 Dream Seekers open. I ended them all and opened BYOND again, but-- Now the one that I opened is in the 'Background Processes' category, and I can't see it! How do I fix this?
That usually means the windows are appearing off-screen. You can try doing to the BYOND folder in your Documents folder with the program shut down entirely (make sure you end those background seeker processes too), and delete or rename the "cfg" directory.