ID:222859

Resolved
BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Opera 9.80
Applies to:Website

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
It looks like when you're banned by a user you can't comment on their hub entries, but it's not made clear why. Things just lack the "add post" button making it seem like the site is broken. I wouldn't be surprised if it had the same behavior for non-members who can't post on some member-only things (if that restriction still exists). This is further complicated by not being able to post on things in BYOND's forum that are related to hub entries you can't post on because it's not obvious that BYOND's forum's content is actually the aggregation of hub entries.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

The site has always been lacking such information
http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=100322
Before the update if you were banned from someone's blog it'd hide the textarea and show some kind of message saying you were banned from posting comments.

I'd rather it just hide that person's content from me (or give me the options to hide their content). If I can't comment on their game to let them know how to improve it, I don't need to see the game at all.
In response to Forum_account
Forum_account wrote:
Before the update if you were banned from someone's blog it'd hide the textarea and show some kind of message saying you were banned from posting comments.
Maybe on blogs, but not on forums, which is what the entire site is now.

I'd rather it just hide that person's content from me (or give me the options to hide their content).
You shouldn't receive updates about it if you aren't a fan. Actually, the site currently seems broken, so you shouldn't be receiving updates about a game at all...
In response to Falacy
Hmm, I don't think I ever viewed a forum I was banned from on the old site.

Falacy wrote:
You shouldn't receive updates about it if you aren't a fan. Actually, the site currently seems broken, so you shouldn't be receiving updates about a game at all...

I don't think I would receive updates about it (though I wonder what would happen if I was a fan of someone who banned me), but I can view the hub entry directly or I can view the discussion part of the hub entry that's displayed within these forums. Really, the problem is that it's not clear that you may be viewing content within BYOND's forum that's not owned by BYOND, it's content that's managed by a user (ex: a hub entry).
Oh I see what you mean. I thought you meant you wanted to hide the entire hub entry or something. I suppose hiding hub forum posts that you can't respond to from general site areas makes sense.
Yes, we'll need to put in a message indicating that you are banned.
Lummox JR resolved issue