ID:2232379

BYOND Version:511.1378
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:Chrome 56.0.2924.87
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When I install the new version (beta) BYOND for playing on some SS13 servers, I get an error about canceling the transition. A similar problem I have in Microsoft Edge, but when trying to update in Dream Seeker's windows my local address is displayed. This is the only problem that prevents me from using the new versions of the client, staying with the bugs in the old version.
In windows (and ME too) it looks like https://fud.community.services.support.microsoft.com/Fud/ FileDownloadHandler.ashx?fid=c9bc4d59-0ae8-4408-83fc-4dc9b10 19b8e

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Reinstalling Microsoft Edge.
Reinstalling Internet Explorer.
Reinstalling BYOND.

Expected Results:
None.
Actual Results:
None.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Often. Only in 511 (highter version).
In other games?
Yes.
In other user accounts?
Yes.
On other computers?
I don't have other PC and can't test it.

When does the problem NOT occur?
I don't know.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
Problem not occur in 510.1347 version.

Workarounds:
None.

I suspect this is a BYOND Help issue rather than a bug, but I'll see if I can find anything. I'll need you to clarify some things.

TwinIndifferent wrote:
When I install the new version (beta) BYOND for playing on some SS13 servers, I get an error about canceling the transition.

What do you mean by "canceling the transition"? I don't understand that part.

A similar problem I have in Microsoft Edge, but when trying to update in Dream Seeker's windows my local address is displayed.

I'm not sure what "trying to update in Dream Seeker's windows" means either. Can you clarify?

Reinstalling BYOND.

I'm confused by this also. That looks like a set of steps you tried to maybe fix the problem, but not steps that would actually reproduce it. This section of the report is for things that I can do to reproduce the problem on my end, not for things you tried but didn't work. Which did you mean?
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I suspect this is a BYOND Help issue rather than a bug, but I'll see if I can find anything. I'll need you to clarify some things.

TwinIndifferent wrote:
When I install the new version (beta) BYOND for playing on some SS13 servers, I get an error about canceling the transition.

What do you mean by "canceling the transition"? I don't understand that part.

A similar problem I have in Microsoft Edge, but when trying to update in Dream Seeker's windows my local address is displayed.

I'm not sure what "trying to update in Dream Seeker's windows" means either. Can you clarify?

Reinstalling BYOND.

I'm confused by this also. That looks like a set of steps you tried to maybe fix the problem, but not steps that would actually reproduce it. This section of the report is for things that I can do to reproduce the problem on my end, not for things you tried but didn't work. Which did you mean?

Look at picture. All windows like Lobby, PDA's or other things only opening those page "Please, refresh the page".
In response to TwinIndifferent
TwinIndifferent wrote:
Look at picture. All windows like Lobby, PDA's or other things only opening those page "Please, refresh the page".

We can not see the picture, it just shows an error message. Access to it is most likely tied to your account.
One thing I suggest is making sure all of the BYOND programs are given full access in the Windows firewall.