Wargames

by Acebloke
Wargames
[AMT] Join the war or build a city
ID:223286

Ok so haven't done a post during the BYOND transition, so here is my first since. I was hosting short rounds as you may have noticed earlier this week with a new gametype, 'Set Nations'. This switches the regular creation screen with a country select based on real countries. Several short rounds was done to patch and fix bugs. I'll be working more on this gametype to improve it for another round after the current standard round hosted right now.

Alongside this new gametype I've improved the level of money from civic factory use possible, as well as balancing the power of large nations by reducing their combat effectiveness. Various other balancing has also been included in these updates.

* Fix: On the subscription window, it would incorrectly label the United States as the United Kingdom.
* Fix: Crusader and Cavalier units would be covered up, fixed.
* Fix/Change: The actual Space Station has been removed again until a time in which it doesn't crash the server.
* Change: Certain windows like the startup screens will now display where the map is saving vast amounts of screen space (especially when the map area isn't needed).
- Others include the Subscription boxes and the alliance list.
* Change: Money from Civic use of Factories can now be double the ammount of before.
* Change: Att and Def values in battle are now effected by size of nations. A nation at full size can have a reduction of 50%.
* Change: Increased the base rate of turns for most research.
* Change: Changed the way the Leader board works during game by having up to 5 users instead of 3.
* New: 4 new flags to represent Crescents.

Subscribers:

* Change: Changes to Algeria, Azerbaijan, Libya and Pakistan flags.
* New: New flags for several new and existing regions: West Africa, North America, South Africa etc.
* New: Subscribers can now have a larger colour range when setting alliance colours if alliance leader.
* New: Set Nations gametype. Technically been in already for awhile, it now contains enough options for a small game. You can choose in this gametype nations based on real countries, as opposed to setting your own.
- Note with this, flags and mottos can't be changed in-game. However, you can still change government types.

Patch:

* Fix: Starting in Interwar period would prevent advancement.
* Fix: Various Set Nations bugs fixed.
* Fix: Reincluded some station features.
* Change: Bunker buster timers have been lengthened due to their preference over regular conventionals.
Your post's look nicer on the new site :O

Also i have always followed your posts, though i may never speak i do read a lot of them.

You do such a lot of work, i can only say: Brilliant job you are quite inspirational. :)

:)
In response to Teka123
Teka123 wrote:
Your post's look nicer on the new site :O

Also i have always followed your posts, though i may never speak i do read a lot of them.

You do such a lot of work, i can only say: Brilliant job you are quite inspirational. :)

:)

I must admit: That's true from part of Teka. You are so dedicated to your proyects, and I do read lots of your posts same as Teka.

Well, must say that you listen to players too. Alot. That makes me very satisfied and that means that you are a good designer/scripter ^^

Don't stop, Ace. Don't stop.
Thanks for your comments guys. I'll keep updating until people stop playing!
In response to Acebloke
Acebloke wrote:
Thanks for your comments guys. I'll keep updating until people stop playing!

I'm never going to stop playing wargames :)