ID:2233165

Resolved
Mouse interaction with transformed objects, especially plane masters, was still incorrect in some cases.
BYOND Version:511.1378
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 57.0.2987.133
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
BYOND version: 511.1378

Descriptive Problem Summary:
Mouse interactions with any plane_master is messed up. What I'm doing in my case is using an obj called map_zoom as a plane_master, creating it in the client_sceen and animating() to zoom in the icons. I prefer doing that instead of zooming the icon_size to prevent HUD objects from moving as well.

The issue is when interacting with the world using the mouse, the elements are all wrong and the mouse interacts as if it's hovering on the objects BEFORE they were zoomed in. For ex, in this screenshot, my cursor was on the player but in the statusbar it says: "Wall"- which means its still interacting with what was previously a well before I zoomed in.

postimage

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
mob/proc/MapZoom()
var/obj/map_zoom/Z = new()
client.screen += Z
animate(Z, transform = matrix()*client.iconsize, time = 4)

obj/map_zoom
appearance_flags = PLANE_MASTER
screen_loc = "1,1"
plane = 0

Expected Results:
Mouse interacting with the right elements.
Actual Results:
Mouse interacts with the wrong elements after zooming in.

note:
This looks like a previous bug report that you fixed - and that I can't find related to mouse clicks :/
Do you have a test case for this?
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Do you have a test case for this?

Yes right here: http://www.filedropper.com/testsrc

Try clicking on the Apple barrels. You wont be able to because of the zoom. You can also notice that in the statusbar hovering over the elements on the map doesn't show the right names.

Remove the MapZoom() proc from the Login (which creates the plane_master object on the client screen) and everything works.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Mouse interaction with transformed objects, especially plane masters, was still incorrect in some cases.