ID:2236632

Happy Good Friday and happy Easter to all. Spring has come with its usual "Haha, just kidding!" approach. What I'm saying is, spring is a jerk.

A few more bugs have been fixed this week in the software, but I didn't put out a release today. There are a few reasons for this, one of which is the aforementioned heavy lifting in the title of this post. What was I lifting? Don't ask. But suffice it to say this has been a week of errands, between the weather and tax season, so a few things have interfered with regular development--but I've still kept at it.

In fact the main reason there's no release today is that I think 511.1380 is going to be the new stable release. I think it's time. But long tradition has taught me that any big change on a Friday is a bad idea, so it's going to wait for Monday. Besides, I'm exhausted from putting away the mumble mumble.

Also this week I was doing some more web stuff. The big-ticket items are still waiting for my full attention, but I did some work with improving forum and post URLs to make the format nicer. It's partly an SEO thing, but also I really hate that the URLs are so ugly. And I fixed a bug with uploads in the new Member file manager, which didn't shake out in testing; hat tip to FKI for the find.

While you're hunting for eggs don't forget to raid the couch cushions for spare change and become a BYOND Member, if you haven't yet. Your support is a big deal. And enjoy the holiday if you get any time off; if the weather isn't cooperative, and here it certainly won't be, spend some quality time indoors with your favorite BYOND games and maybe get inspired to make something awesome of your own.
Looking forward to the new stable release!

Don't pull any muscles from lifting!
In fact the main reason there's no release today is that I think 511.1380 is going to be the new stable release. I think it's time. But long tradition has taught me that any big change on a Friday is a bad idea, so it's going to wait for Monday

Hype!

But I'll reiterate my suggestion, as I plan to do every beta to stable transition:

It would make more sense to release it as beta first, and assuming no obvious bugs, re-release the same version as stable after a week or so.

I'm just always excited. \o/