ID:2237906

Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Would it be possible to expose some basic account information as a JSON api end point?

Currently we have a feature that pulls the byond account age via fetching it's profile page and using a regex to find the joined date, I was investigating this to add saving the value so we don't constantly fetch it from the webserver (our bad)

Ideally all we currently need is timestamp of users creation time (unix timestamp if possible would be nice, otherwise any other format is fine since we do the date calculations in SQL)

I was thinkign something like
byond.com/api/user/

returning a simple json blob

I can't think of any other useful data to expose at this time, maybe post or comment count so we can get an idea of if the person is "active" so to speak, but they're less necessary.

This is mostly a convience since working with JSON is easier in both byond and other languages.
actually just utilising the existing

http://www.byond.com/members/MrStonedOne?format=text

but supporting format=json would be fine
Ingeneral a format=json for all of the format=text shit would be nice

bonus points, if you add support for this for viewing pms and viewing forum shit, somebody can make that byond pager app for android/iOS that you keep getting feature requests for.
this is technically a dupe of id:2158552 (or rather, id:2158552 already has this request as part of it)