ID:2238087

Resolved
Transforms using translation coordinates confused the mouse hit routines.
BYOND Version:511.1380
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 57.0.2987.133
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Probably related to the fix in id:2233165
Do you have a test case for this?

When I tested the fix it seemed to fix things across all transformed objects, but I suppose it's possible that I missed something. Obviously this is an issue I'd like to solve right away.

[edit]
I just did some quick tests in my test project, trying the mouse against regular and HUD objects with transforms--not just scales but also some rotations. I have yet to see any issues there.
Thanks. I'll take a look and see what I can find.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Transforms using translation coordinates confused the mouse hit routines.
Found the problem.

For future reference, problems of this nature should be classified as belonging to Dream Seeker, since they regard behavior in the game client. This was not a Dream Maker bug.
BYOND VERSION: 511.1380

SUMMARY:
Ter13 told me this is probably a real bug and I should report it. I'm using Kaiochao's Screen Arrow library. I noticed that certain transform offsets and rotations render the transformed object unclickable. Meaning Click() will not be called for it when you click it's apparent visual position on your screen.

This thread explains the problem with Ter13's comments: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2238889

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Use Kaiochao's screen arrows library and try to click a "screen arrow" object after it has been transformed. Clicking it works fine BEFORE it has been transformed. These screen arrow objects exist in client.screen not on the map if that matters.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every.
In other games? Yes.
In other user accounts? Yes.
On other computers? Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur?
When you do not transform the object using Translate and Turn I presume.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions?
I don't know.

Workarounds:
I don't know any.

Thanks.
In response to Tens of DU
You are gonna want to upload a simplified test case. Makes things faster so Lum doesn't have to fumble around trying to recreate the problem.
In response to Tens of DU
DEMO: https://www.mediafire.com/?3korr1zc2011bue
This is just Kaiochao's Screen Arrows library modified slightly to demonstrate to you the bug.

When you open it, edit do_transform_test to 0 and then run it. Try to click an on screen arrow. You can't. Edit it to 1. Run it. Try to click the arrow. You now can. Only difference is whether or not it was transformed when you clicked it.