ID:2240523

Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Could we get a boolean/flag that is set to TRUE whenever the maptext is truncated to fit within the maptext_height _width envelope?

At the moment it's impossible (as far as I can see) to determine in-code whether all of a maptext string will be shown or not.

[I had a whole longer post about this, but I got logged out by stupid changing IP addresses at work, so apologies if this is brief...]
A boolean flag for this would not be possible, because maptext is measured out client-side. This is part of a larger problem in which we need a way of measuring maptext on the client and getting that info back to the server, but there are already requests out for that kind of thing.
For both myself and those searching in future: would you agree that the easiest/most appropriate work around is to create a series of objs to represent individual words/letters (as appropriate) and put them on the client's screen manually?
Gads no.
You could use a hidden browser window and basic JavaScript to retrieve text measurements.

Edit: On second thought, the way maptext breaks lines and such is a bit unpredictable, so maybe this won't do.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Gads no.

Any chance you could suggest a better method? Just briefly with high level concepts would be great.