ID:2241252

Not a bug
BYOND Version:511
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Safari 9.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Using get_dir() while moving causes some weird glitchy eye effects causing it to fall behind regardless of calculated glide_sizes.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Call src.Move(NEWLOC, get_dir(src, Target)) the NEWLOC being somewhere in front of you while the target is anywhere.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
src.Move(NewLoc, get_dir(src, TARGET))

Expected Results:
Eye should behave properly when using calculated glide_sizes when changing the src dir when moving.

Actual Results:
The eye will fall behind and glitch sometimes.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Everytime.
In other games?
Unsure.
In other user accounts?
Yes
On other computers?
Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
As fast as I know it's been around for a while now and just came to my attention.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:
Haven't found any as of yet.

Just making this and will have a test source for you later on today. Might be dir related as I just found this issue when using get_dir() to keep the user pointed at target while moving.
What animate_movement value are you using? If you didn't change it to SLIDE_STEPS from the default, then the behavior you're seeing is likely normal; a dir change will snap the glide to a finish.
Using the LONG_GLIDE flag.
I'm talking about the animate_movement var, not appearance_flags. If you didn't change animate_movement from the default, snapping on a direction change is normal.
Ah didn't know about the variable. Thanks it solved my problem.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)