ID:2241358

(See the best response by Meme01.)
So I was at an event in a game that is known for it's fair history in copy right infringement as well as erotic roleplay. Final Revoloutions. I'm at a main event or something and an admin roleplays sticking his fingers into a 13 year old girl's sticky zone. As a former rape victim I showed obvious disgust and was banned, I was discussing what had happened on a rip Sundered Earth Renaissance with one of my former colleagues and was banned by a friend of the perpetrator as to silence it.

I am aware that sexual roleplay of an ageplay nature is against terms of service certainly if it's unwilling, I was wondering what action Byond is going to take about his information.
I lol'ed.

Erotic roleplay in a chat window, how wierd and offensive.

You should join the Table Top Simulator on Steam, you'll see actual discusting stuff people roleplay there regardless of "age" because you can't confirm said person age.
Hrm? Byond has no power over what occurs in game. They only police the hub. So long as the hub has no adult content, should be fine. Your best bet is to just avoid those toxic RP communities.
Paedophilia should not be promoted or condoned. If evidence of this gets out too the press or mainstream media this developer tool will be gone. As well as your family income Tens.
Best response
. . . .And we're being trolled.

XD
I share your disgust. But as others have said, what happens within a game and not on the hub is not BYOND's concern. We have no involvement with individual servers and cannot police game content. All of that is on the host.
Tens of DU wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:
I share your disgust. But as others have said, what happens within a game and not on the hub is not BYOND's concern. We have no involvement with individual servers and cannot police game content. All of that is on the host.

Nor should you because this boils down to a PLAYER doing it. Not the game or devs. If a server has no admins, should they be blamed for what players say to each other there? That would be ridiculous. You can't force people to police the actions of others. People have jobs. And anyone else should just mind their own business.

Yes you should because just like lummox has to deal with the content is displayed on the website, so does the host even if the host is not present he is responsable for whats going on in the server he hosts, regardless of the interactions.
Starshine actually mentioned that it was a server admin doing that, not just any random player. Although I'm still not sure that'd be the host's responsibility in any meaningful way. Obviously a good host would probably want to de-admin that person, just for the sake of maintaining a good server reputation. If all that server's admins are that ill-behaved, then it's time to find a different server or a different game.

SS13 has issues like this now and again. At one point someone got the bright idea of building sex roleplay code directly into the server, and things went about the way you can expect from there. The servers that still have that aren't very popular with the SS13 community at large.
Honestly seeing as the game is a rip of a game with a copyright claim against it(Btw that game being owned by Tens of DU who is continuing to make money of a copyrighted game) and a community knowm for erp and ageplay I don't see it stopping anytime soon. Its a group of peeps pretty much set out to make a bad name for the community. There community also encourages making multiple alts to make it the top of the most active games list sucking away attention from other less popular original games which Byond are really looking for.
In response to StarshineDaisies
If you're so annoyed and hungry for blood do it yourself. Hire a lawyer, get the rips off of the site. It will make you a hero.
Paedophilia should not be promoted or condoned.

13 is within the age range of most BYOND users, and if not, I'm sure intellectual handicap doesn't put the emotional development too far off that mark.

Not much can be said or done really. Erotic material surrounding fictional children isn't a settled legal area in the US. Best to just not be places where it happens rather than expecting the world to conform to your sensitivities.

Or you could do what 90% of the people who get banned from their favorite Dragonball RP game do and makesteal your own with blackjack and 18+ verified hookers only.
Look I'd love to go around stealing source code from copyrighted games and make it a haven for pedophiles or promote and defend the actions of said pedophiles but I actually enjoy sleeping at night.

All jokes aside was that an attempt at some form of serious humor about child rape... I'll have you know for a fact that Erotic roleplay involving children is illegal in most states and Brtiain.
In response to StarshineDaisies
Sorry, I guess I should go check my privileges.

...Everything seems in order... Weird.
Young Savage, Ter13
The official response to this has been made and there's no further need for discussion.