ID:2243235

(See the best response by Darsnic.)
I've tried to install BYOND, it installs, but never starts up.

I've hunted down every last location BYOND could be and I've deleted it, I've tried probably every method I could find, and it still won't start up.

I'd like some help if anyone could do that for me.
Best response
What windows version are you on?
In response to Darsnic
Windows 7.
Never starts up how, exactly? No window ever opens? Nothing appears in Task Manager? The pager opens but no games list appears?
In response to Lummox JR
BYOND "starts up" in task manager under processes but never actually starts up.
First close BYOND in the task manager.

Open your BYOND user data directory, which should be in your documents folder under BYOND. Find the cfg folder, and inside there find pager.txt. Open that file in Notepad. Look for a line that says window-pos and delete it.
In response to Lummox JR
I don't see a pager.txt.
I've probably found the problem, it might be that BYOND isn't installing correctly, because I've looked through documents and there's a complete lack of a BYOND folder, and when I look in "cfg" where I've installed BYOND there's also a lack of a pager.txt.
In response to VeryTallTallGuy
Now that I've most likely found the problem, any solutions?
The cfg folder under the installation directory would not contain pager.txt, so you don't have to worry about that. The real question is, IS there a user path?

Open up your registry (type "regedit" in the Start menu). Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Dantom\BYOND. There should be a value called "userpath" that points to where your BYOND user data is.

If that value exists, find that folder. That's where you want to look for cfg and pager.txt. If there is no such folder, or the value doesn't exist, then you can create a new folder somewhere and then change, or create, the "userpath" value to point to it.
Okay, so I've started it up and it's showing that it's loaded 100%, the BYOND thing fades, then nothing else happens. I try stopping the task and then opening BYOND again but it doesn't work.
I've done it once but after that happened I somehow managed to screw it up to where that no longer works.
Yeah, I've tried to repeat the process that you told me, but it no longer works (I had uninstalled BYOND in a fit of frustration.)
What does the window-pos line in pager.txt say?
There is no longer a pager.txt. I have a screenshot here for you:

https://gyazo.com/fad012157405254b66144c83d362760f
I believe you're in the wrong branch of the registry. The installpath value should be showing up under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, not HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Seeing userpath and installpath together means something is wrong.
In response to Lummox JR
I am on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. But to locate it I had to open Software, then Wow6432Node. I could not locate a Dantom anywhere else.
If there's no registry key HKCU/Software/Dantom/BYOND then the installer did not work correctly. You should definitely reinstall.
In response to Lummox JR
Roger, working to do that now.
In response to Lummox JR
I have reinstalled, there's nothing different and I've returned to my previous state minus the user data.
Page: 1 2