ID:2243749

Resolved
Replacing a color in the used colors palette with one already used could crash Dream Maker.
BYOND Version:511
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:Chrome 58.0.3029.96
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary: If you manually change the RGB of a pixel inside a .dmi file, into the same rgb number as another pixel already present within the file, an improper argument error appears and the dmi does not update the changes until reopened.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: 1 - Open any dmi 2 - Have at least two different colours present within dmi. 3 - Change the rgb of one colour to match another by double left clicking said colour from the pallet editor on the right.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results: Updates dmi to show the colour changes.

Actual Results: Produces an error, and you have to reopen the file to see the results of your colour change.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Everytime
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds: Reopen the dmi after saving

Can confirm, this happens to me a lot. I can't remember when it started, but it's definitely been around since before 510.
I'll look into this.

For future reference, your text is supposed to go outside of the bold <b>...</b> tags so people can read it.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Replacing a color in the used colors palette with one already used could crash Dream Maker.