ID:2244555

Not a bug
BYOND Version:511
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 57.0.2987.133
Applies to:Dream Maker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Ever since the new BYOND update, my outputs will not show with winset or even when outputted to without calling the winset pro.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
An example of me outputting to the default output (which is invisible by default)
        wchan()
set hidden = 1
if(chat==0) return
usr << "<b><font color = red><font size=2>Set the channel to OOC.<b></font>"
OOCon=1
chat=1

Expected Results:
To output to the default output and make the output visible.
Actual Results:
Nothing.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? All the time.
In other games? -
In other user accounts? Still doesn't work.
On other computers? Will test on my laptop without the updated BYOND.

When does the problem NOT occur? Never.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? 510.

Workarounds: Used world.log to see if it was outputting at all. It was.
The only other plausible workaround I can think of is keeping the output visible from the get-go. That isn't really feasible, though.

Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)
This is not a bug. It's a bug that was fixed. If your output is invisible, it's supposed to stay that way.

I'm not sure what you mean about winset though, since your code snippet doesn't say anything about it.
Was there something I had done wrong? This project had stayed untouched for days on end, and only after updating BYOND did this error occur.

All my backups (outdated and updated) of this source also suffer from this problem.

EDIT: They were all working fine before this update. For sure.
Outputs are not supposed to become visible when outputting to them. That was a bug. Winset should still work, but your post was not a bit clear on that point.