ID:2246099

We're only a couple weeks away from the unofficial start of summer, and it's starting to look like we might actually have a little spring weather by the time that happens. Fingers crossed.

I put out a new release today, 511.1383, that fixes a few problems related to gamepads as well as a gliding catastrophe. A fix that was put in for version 511.1382 was done incorrectly, but even after I fixed it properly the fix was worse than the old behavior for a great many games. Obviously that's not an acceptable outcome, so I've reverted the fix from 1382 completely until I can come up with a much better solution. I would have played with that today but it was important to get a new version out now.

Moving on to mostly new stuff did not happen as I had hoped, mainly because of the aforementioned bugs as well as a truly strange crash issue I've been investigating. So far I've dead-ended on that crash issue, because nothing that's happening makes any sense, but at least some progress was made.

All that aside, I'm chomping at the bit to get back to new features and web stuff, so I'm hoping I can finally get back on that soon. I see feature requests are still coming in here and there, which is good, since this is the time to do it.

Looking into bugs this week has given me a little insight into some ways I might be able to improve performance, though. In fact I snuck a few minor performance tweaks into 511.1383. But I noticed that while one of the structures associated with procs is being recycled to avoid allocation/deallocation, the same is not true for another structure. And associative lists could be better about giving back memory, so that's on my list as well even though it's more of a memory issue than a performance one.

Don't forget to hit up the Membership or donation page if you haven't yet, and get your Membership ready for summer gaming. BYOND depends on your support, and I'm grateful to all those who've helped out.

Hug your moms this weekend!