ID:2248654

Not a bug
BYOND Version:511
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 53.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

When repeatedly pressing a face button the control sticks lag in updating their values.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Use winset to create macros for the analog stick and face buttons, with verbs for each.

Track the input from the sticks through any means

While running the project, repeatedly press the face buttons which are assigned to call verbs

Note that the stick raw value begins to change at a slower and uneven rate compared to prior interaction. Easiest way to detect is to release the stick, returning it to 0x0. This happens instantly when not pressing face buttons, but it takes a moment to update while pressing face buttons repeatedly.

Lower FPS exacerbates this issue.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
mob
Login()
..()
winset(src,"macro1","parent=macro;name=GamepadLeftAnalog;command=\"left-analog \[\[x]]x\[\[y]]\"")
winset(src,"macro2","parent=macro;name=GamepadFace3;command=\"GamepadFace3verb")

var
leftstickraw=""

verb
left_analog(t as text)
leftstickraw=t
gamepadface3verb()

Stat()
stat("L-Stick",leftstickraw)

Expected Results:

analog sticks will always update in a timely manner

Actual Results:

analog stick inputs are slowed by other key presses

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time, across multiple controllers (xb1,xb360,ps4)
In other games? I would assume so.
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Unsure.

When does the problem NOT occur?

The higher the FPS the less noticeable, but otherwise, always.

Workarounds:

None so far.

I can provide a test project if necessary, but it's simply a copy/paste of the code above.

Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)
You forgot set instant=1 for those verbs. Without it, they queue up only one command per tick.
I always seem to forget that about verbs. Thanks!