ID:2250045

I really liked this BYOND Game Engine. But I am unsure if i can make a text MMORPG from it. If its possible please give me few pointers for this. How should i begin? Following is the basic idea of mine that i would like to accomplish via BYOND Engine. Please suggest whether it will be possible or not? If possible provide me some guidance for that. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------
Basically all graphics like items would be text in my game, like say i dont need movements etc. I will simply create buttons for locations like market, forest, cities, Iron mine etc. Just a click over that button will bring the player to that place. When he reach say forest, here various action buttons will be shown to him, like hunting, woodcutting, etc. He has to click it. If he clicks hunting, automatically timer should start, after every 5 second he will gather 1 piece of meat, this will go into his inventory, which is again a button to access. On clicking that button he can see whatever he accumulates. Plus i need afk mode as well, so that even after turning off pc user keeps grinding on its own and his inventory keeps filling with whatever he was doing automatically. In afk mode however that gathering rate would be slow, in automatic mode where pc is on the timer will be 5 seconds. Aside from this there should be another feature of manual grinding, which should be the fastest. Just keep clicking a button to hunt or mine and keep filling inventory instantly. It should be something like Syrnia, fallen-sanctum or manapot games which are online mmorpgs of this genre.
I would also like to implement Quests in this game.
------------------------------------------------------

Hope you understand my requirements, please enlighten me guys.
lmao. BYOND was literally designed as a MUD engine, although that doesn't sound like exactly what you're talking about here. All of those things are easily doable though.

A tutorial by Nadrew on screen objects (this is for the buttons)

That's an old tutorial but it should get you started in the right direction.

Edit:
Here's another one for savefiles