ID:2250621

Hello Readers! Happy Memorial day weekend and unofficial start of summer! Time to break out the vegetable gardening tools and get the warm weather crops seeded. While crops only grow at certain times of the year, games grow in worlds BYOND all year around! Let's see what seeds have been sowed.

BYOND

Hopefully the cooler weather of this past week has allowed BYOND Developer Lummox JR to clear his eyes and head. Bugs are being patched up in 511, with one change regarding gliding being rolled back entirely. Development on 512 continues with the groundwork for highly versatile visual contents being laid.

BYOND Games

Ter13 has chosen a name for his sidescroller, Ruin 8. Ruin 8 what? I'm not sure. Could be 8 quarts of slime, 8 bat, or perhaps 8 giant slimey statue bosses!

Disk tossing moves up a level in Unwanted4Murder's Super Sports Battle. Sound effects, customizable keyboard and gamepad controls, and from the looks of the menu, soon to be a local multiplayer mode! Keep an eye out for when the Alpha version is released!

The party keeps on growing over at Eternia: Battlegrounds. Battle parties have expanded their purpose, from offering friendly fire protection, to experience sharing instead of all the rewards going to the one with the final blow. AcidCore has joined the team as a community manager while Nadrew fired all the village guards resulting in an increase in bandits. Check out their new logo!

Development of the isometric Z Tactics is documented in Zete's fourth edition Dev-log. Snowvale is their first fully functioning town, featuring quests, shops, and monsters. AI mercenaries can now join you in battle, as part of their larger combat overhaul, expanding skills, menus, and visual indicators. Additionally, the team revamped their website and fourms.

Taint_thewizard took a trip down memory lane, comparing the original, Mystic Journey-like Avalon to today's unique and more evolved Avalon. The RPG game will feature free unique classes to play as, along with many monsters to fights and quests to complete.

BYOND Resources

• Heads up! Kozuma3 shared a library for managing and creating HUDS.
  • Nadrew is looking way down the object family tree with chained parent calls.
  • Wirewrather created a library to display tool tips with the flexibility of a web browser. Check out the comments for performance information.
Facebook
Discord
IRC
Reddit
Kuzuma3

New projects are looking awesome!
Higoten wrote:
Disk tossing moves up a level in Unwanted4Murder's Super Sports Battle. Sound effects, customizable keyboard and gamepad controls, and from the looks of the menu, soon to be a local multiplayer mode! Keep an eye out for when the Alpha version is released!

Local and online multiplayer should both be in the next update, hopefully.
Z Tactics turns me on
Higoten wrote:
Ter13 has chosen a name for his sidescroller, Ruin 8. Ruin 8 what? I'm not sure. Could be 8 quarts of slime, 8 bat, or perhaps 8 giant slimey statue bosses!

I think it's because of 8-bit, but any of those possibilities are also possible.
Ruinate
"To reduce to ruins; to destroy. (intransitive) To fall; to tumble."

Wordplay of the highest caliber.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
Ruinate

shut up asshole I was there when Ter had to explain the pun to you :p
In response to Unwanted4Murder
Unwanted4Murder wrote:
Kumorii wrote:
Ruinate

shut up asshole I was there when Ter had to explain the pun to you :p

He did that on a whim, i didn't ask him to explain it. :p
Like, nobody gets the pun without it being explained so i wanted to ruin the speculation with the spoilers that were given to us in confidence. (^8
sweetcorn.