ID:2251345

Anyone here ever try it? If so, what do you think?

Does it seem like a good thing for me to work on during the summer?

I recently graduated from college with a diploma and I'm now enrolled in a information systems degree program. I'm having trouble thinking of what to do this summer, and haven't had much luck finding a summer job(started applying too late). Currently I'm looking for any volunteering or freelance work to improve my programming skills and to have more things to put on my resume.

Languages I've learned so far: Python, C#, C, TSQL, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP

I've been programming for about 3 years so far and I've completed a few good projects.

With my current skillset do you have any other suggestions on how I can best spend my time? FreeCodeCamp looks promising, and I like how it has a large community you can chat with. I'm just wondering what you guys would do in my situation.

You could always freelance. There are tons of websites dedicated to people looking for freelance work and / or freelancers for their projects.

Alternatively, makgam is never a bad idea.
freeCodeAcademy is alright

id say its really geared more towards beginners tho
since you already know HTML, CSS, and JS you'll fly right through it

they'll teach you NodeJS and MongoDB though. NodeJS is very popular right now and it seems to be overdoing PHP. but if you already know PHP and SQL i wouldn't bother unless you want to learn a few couple things or refresh your memory