ID:2253133

What is the tag used to embed a SWF file? When i asked one time if swf could be embedded in byond I got a yes answer, so because he said that, What is the tag you use to embed a swf file? is it EMBED: html/test.swf

or something else, Because it's not working at all. It doesn't appear. the page is just blank

var/dat = "<a href='byond://?src=\ref[src];close=1'>Close</a>"
dat += "<embed src='html/test.swf'>"
You'll want to browse_rsc() your swf file before loading the browser window.
Where do i put that code exactly?
Before you use browse() or output() on a browser control. Press F1 in Dream Maker and search for "browse_rsc", it'll give you an example.
Alright, I got it to work now but it's not showing anything at all. just a white screen. What did i do wrong?
You should double-check that your embed is working elsewhere, namely in Internet Explorer running in compatibility mode. I'm not sure how well IE7 handles the embed tag (it didn't become an actual standard until HTML5 and before that it was a per-browser implementation).

Also make sure you have Flash for IE installed and fully update.
Nope, nothing works, the swf i am also using requires some javascript vars, So i think the problem's in there.
You might be better off using an iframe to show the page its on (or a page that loads it properly).

If it's not working in IE at all, it's definitely an issue with the HTML or SWF itself.