ID:2253551

- WIN10

Ever since day 1 that I updated BYOND I've been getting this issue that leaves games completely unplayable.

Whenever there is a UI or something that seems to be loaded from the internet, I get this "Navigation to this webpage has been cancelled". I simply do not know what to do, there's no hints of what might be causing it.

I have already tried with the Internet Explorer's ActiveX(?) on and off, nothing!
Its security settings are on the lowest as well, yet nothing.

Can someone help me?
Check your Windows 10 firewall settings. There should be exceptions already for BYOND programs like byond.exe, dreamseeker.exe, and dreamdaemon.exe; all three of those need to be allowed through the firewall. However, they need to be allowed through on public and private networks. If that's not set up correctly, there's your issue.

What you'll need to do is create a new rule for each of those programs that isn't already listed. In your firewall settings create a new rule; the type will be a program rule. Point it to the path for one of the three BYOND programs I mentioned. If you already have a rule allowing public network traffic, make this rule apply to private networks. You need to allow TCP traffic through; UDP doesn't matter, but it can't hurt to add. Once the rule is created, repeat for the other programs.
This actually seems like a security setting in ie.

Failed firewall rules would cause connection errors, cancelled navigation is generally from a security policy in either ie, or some external web security application.
Hmm, that's possible I suppose. Hard to tell what it would be, though.
My firewall is off, though.
In response to MrStonedOne
MrStonedOne wrote:
This actually seems like a security setting in ie.

Failed firewall rules would cause connection errors, cancelled navigation is generally from a security policy in either ie, or some external web security application.

I haven't changed it, what exact settings could be doing this?