ID:2254249

Resolved
Multiple issues with plane masters were discovered.
BYOND Version:511
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:Firefox 53.0
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Uh... lots.

1) The "Made with BYOND" screen never shows up.
2) The gradient background for the menu doesn't work.
3) The text in the "controls" menu of the options is completely fucked.
4) The in-game lighting doesn't work, even though it's pretty much a word-for-word rip of the code in the DM reference.
5) The score GUI in-game is wildly off center.
6) The actual scores themselves don't work. From the video someone took, it looks like it shows up but is just the only thing that's actually centered properly.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

I couldn't even begin to tell you.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

From the dev console:

play:1 [.Offscreen-For-WebGL-000001A9141D2A70]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION : glClear: framebuffer incomplete
play:1 [.Offscreen-For-WebGL-000001A9141D2A70]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION : glDrawElements: framebuffer incomplete
play:1 [.Offscreen-For-WebGL-000001A9141D2A70]RENDER WARNING: texture bound to texture unit 0 is not renderable. It maybe non-power-of-2 and have incompatible texture filtering.
2play:1 [.Offscreen-For-WebGL-000001A9141D2A70]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION : glClear: framebuffer incomplete
play:1 [.Offscreen-For-WebGL-000001A9141D2A70]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION : glDrawElements: framebuffer incomplete
play:1 [.Offscreen-For-WebGL-000001A9141D2A70]RENDER WARNING: texture bound to texture unit 0 is not renderable. It maybe non-power-of-2 and have incompatible texture filtering.
play:1 WebGL: too many errors, no more errors will be reported to the console for this context.

Expected Results:

It works.

Actual Results:

It doesn't.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? Fuck if I know.
In other user accounts? Yes.
On other computers? Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur?

Never.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Been fucked like this literally since I started production.

Workarounds:

Use DreamSeeker.

You can test the regular DS server here and the webclient server here. If you would like access to the source and have a git program I can give you access to my private repo. Otherwise just let me know and I'd be happy to upload and send a copy of the source.
A video someone took for me of the game in action in the webclient: https://streamable.com/oz8qu
Please do send me a copy of the source. That'd be the easiest way for me to test this.
No problem. No time right now -- getting ready for work. Will package and send when I get home.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Multiple issues with plane masters were discovered.
I've closed this issue, but this doesn't necessarily address all the things you saw. A couple other issues I ran into, especially font stuff, deserve their own topics. I'll look into more of the issues here to see if I missed anything. Already I'm seeing that there are other lighting plane issues.
One problem I found is actually in your code. Your lighting plane doesn't have a backdrop, like I discussed in id:2141928. Add this code to your lighting plane:

New()
var/obj/O = new()
O.icon = 'icons/blackness.dmi'
O.plane = 99
O.layer = BACKGROUND_LAYER
O.appearance_flags = RESET_COLOR | NO_CLIENT_COLOR
O.blend_mode = BLEND_OVERLAY
O.transform = matrix(25,MATRIX_SCALE)
overlays += O

The blackness.dmi icon is just a black square.

I don't like that there's an obvious difference between DS and webclient where this is concerned, but the backdrop (which you should be using anyway) obviates that completely.
Thanks for all of your hard work on this issue! When the new stable is out I'll re-test, add the code fix above, and make sure to do the font change we discussed privately. Afterwards I'll post a new, updated bug report if there's still anything wonky. :)
I did a lot of work getting maptext to work properly with downloaded fonts. However even with the .woff for your game, your score maptext still isn't showing up. That's one of the things I'm looking at.