ID:2257873

Hi there. After the latest BYOND update, I have been unable to login or even start BYOND. Upon starting it, all I see is "Loading Game Information" with no percentage bar. Normally this takes a few seconds but now, nothing is happening. It's been about 20 minutes and it still hasn't moved. I've tried running it as administrator, restarting my PC multiple times and a full reinstall of BYOND. Is this some sort of issue with the new update? Or something else? Any help would be appreciated.
One possibility is that the pager is unable, on your system, to access the Internet. Make sure that the BYOND applications are all allowed through your firewall (on both public and private networks) using the TCP protocol.

Also check to ensure that your firewall and/or your antivirus software isn't doing something like a hash check on the program to see if it's changed; if something like that is in play, turn that feature off. This is my best guess as to what happened if your pager ran fine before the update but not after.
Odd. I've checked all of them, givin BYOND exceptions in the firewall (I have no antivirus) and still issues. I've just downgraded back to the previous version and it works fine.
Downgrading is not a long-term solution. All that's going to do is help identify the problem. In this case, we can obviously rule out corruption of the localhub.db database file.

If it's behaving differently after a version change, especially in that drastic a way, you're looking at something on your system interfering--something that didn't expect the .exe and/or the .dll files to change. Like I said, check the firewall to see if there's anything like a hash of the .exe/.dll files that's meant to safeguard against changes to the program. If there is, disable it.