ID:2258738

This week started out with some more 511 bug fixes, to get ready for the new release that went out Wednesday. And a good thing too, because I was able to fix a nasty bug with maptext caching that was wreaking havoc on some games. Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure a server-side issue related to unique map cells causing crashes in some SS13 projects has finally been put to bed.

There was also a problem with prettyref.js, which was failing to work for Chrome users. In a nutshell, Chrome was failing to search it properly, and then it was failing to mark text as selected after doing a Find even once the search was fixed. (This is proof of course that Google isn't infallible, as if Chrome's awful UI or the YouTube adpocalypse didn't prove that already.) I got an updated version into 511 that fixes these things, and after the release I got to work on improving it so you can get syntax highlighting when viewing the info.html reference file on its own, without frames. (That'll go live later.)

With those things settled, I've been getting back into 512 stuff. I'm still trying to work out how to deal with some of the to-do items on my list for visual contents. All the visual contents stuff is generally straightforward though, so it's just a matter of thinking it through.

And I'm finally getting rid of the tags on generated instances in the map editor. I may or may not have been persuaded to do so with cold hard cash.

Still thinking through changes to preload_rsc as well, because it's about time that got some improvements.

Thanks to everyone who's shown their support so far this month, and if you haven't yet, I hope you'll consider doing so. Nothing beats the fun of BYOND gaming in the A/C on a hot weekend. Well okay, some things do, but we're not going to talk about those. So rifle through the couch, get your BYOND Membership going, and get to gaming because the weekend is here!
If you could guesstimate a drop date for 512, when would that be around?
I can't guesstimate a drop date; there's still lots left in the feature mill.
Awesome job as usual, Lummox! Can't wait for 512 -- and in the meantime, I'll continue putting the new 511 stable through its paces! :p
Lummox JR wrote:
And I'm finally getting rid of the tags on generated instances in the map editor. I may or may not have been persuaded to do so with cold hard cash.

so pledge money for features???
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:

He is evil after all.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:

How else is he gonna get the "laser" online?