In response to LiquidWhip
LiquidWhip wrote:
I also feel like people spend more time trying to prove what people dont know rather than helping them.

One of the biggest troubles with teaching people is often that in order to learn, you first have to accept what you don't know. It's borderline impossible to teach something when the person you are trying to teach thinks that they already know it.

Your ego is getting in your way in almost every single thread I've seen you involved in. Chill. You are being treated well right now, even though I know it doesn't feel like it. Nadrew, Kozuma, FKI, and the other handful of people that offer advice in this forum don't just want to help you fix your existing problems. Their main goal is to try to teach you the tools to help you fix your future problems, and to potentially teach it well enough that you can help others fix their problems as well.

The fact that these guys are fighting with you to try to get you to hear them out is impressive, not shitty. It shows their dedication to someone who is doing nothing but their absolute best to tell them that they (quite wrongly) don't need help.
i use both methods in combination to learn so its not that im unwilling to learn in a new approach. No matter how you slice it if you have to be condescending to help people you shouldnt help at all.

I just dont need to be bashed to help me learn. they come off as in my opinion(not kozuma hes a really good guy). I know when im being talked down to and im fine conversating with those who arent insulting but like i said they're entitled to their opinion.
Anyway i dont want to get too off topic. So anyone willing to help will have my full attention. Those who cant do so without getting offensive or disrespectful I'd be much happier if they just didn't waste their time because as you said.. its basically a burden on them. No need to opt in if you feel its a burden.
They come off as disrespectful in my opinion.

Your opinion is wrong. You are the one being disrespectful by basically telling them to fuck off because you didn't get the answer that you wanted.

Your last thread in Dev Help I contributed to, you fought us because you didn't think you needed to know how to use loops.

Your behavior is unquestionably ignorant and disrespectful.

Stop it. All of the people in this thread are experts at this language except for you. Stop fighting them. If you want help, you don't get to dictate the format that help takes. You don't get to dictate whose answer is the best because your level of understanding of programming is nonexistent.

Until you can look yourself in the eyes and realize that your own refusal to admit your own ignorance is keeping you from accepting new information that you unquestionably need to know in order to get better, you will never accomplish anything as a programmer.

Nobody is being a dick to you. They just aren't holding yours for you.
Page: 1 2 3