ID:2261060

(See the best response by Ter13.)
Code:
usr.training-tai= 0*/

Problem description:test world.dm:109:error: /: not a prototype.
test world.dmb - 1 error, 0 warnings (date and time) why do i get this message?

Best response
usr.training-tai= 0*/

There's a block comment closure on that line that doesn't have a matching opening.

/*
This is a block comment. None of this is compiled as code.
*/

Just remove the */ on the line to fix the error.
if i remove that, 4 other errors occur, even though i didnt touch that line of code. its really frustrating since im a noob and there are no good tutorials teaching you why a code does something. instead its just put this and that in your code and you get this.
should i just quit since i dont understamd this simple stuff amd it doesnt work out for me?
should i just quit since i dont understamd this simple stuff amd it doesnt work out for me?

No?

if i remove that, 4 other errors occur, even though i didnt touch that line of code.

We can help explain why if you show the code the errors are pointing to.

its really frustrating since im a noob and there are no good tutorials teaching you why a code does something.

There are plenty of good tutorials. You just are starting out with too much.

When you first start, especially if you are using a fangame codebase, you will wind up having to learn a lot more than you would if you were starting fresh with your own original game project.

The thing is, starting with an existing codebase is a good way to pick up examples, but it's not a good way to understand the examples. Tutorials are where you want to start.

The DM guide is the first places you should look for information on how to get started. Learning to program requires a lot of reading at first to get the basics down, but stick with it. It's very rewarding if you do.